Baptism is a gift of God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) in which He gives us faith in Him. He connects the baptized to the benefits of Jesus’ perfect life, sacrificial death on the cross and victorious resurrection.
He calls the baptized by name and says, “You are mine!”
He gifts us with forgiveness, abundant life, and the promise of paradise in heaven.
He promises to be with us; not against us, but present and on our side now and forever.
Consider who will be the Godparents/Sponsors for your child. Remember that Godparents will be taking on a spiritual responsibility for your child (praying for and encouraging spiritual growth). They should share our faith in the Triune God, are Christian and are in an active relationship with Jesus. There is no “magic” number of Godparents.
Whoever you choose will feel very honored. Remind them that this is a life-long commitment. They do not have to be relatives. They should model their life as a Christian living out their faith. Your chosen Godparents will be given a sponsor card stating the baptism date and their responsibilities in this role which are:
- Remember my Godchild in personal prayers
- Recognize my Godchild on his/her baptism birthday
- Remind my Godchild of his/her covenant with God
- Do all to keep my Godchild faithful to the Christian faith
Planning the Baptism
Plan the baptism as soon as possible AFTER the child is born.
Schedule the baptism BEFORE the baby is born. Contact Laura Grossman and let us know when you would like your child baptized. Also, if you have a preference in the pastor performing the baptism, please let us know at that time. We will also ask you some information for our church records and for the Baptismal Certificate.
Because the gift of Baptism is given to God’s people, we encourage families to have Baptisms done during the worship service.
On the day of the Baptism, please arrive no later than 20 minutes before the start of the service. The pastor performing the Baptism will meet with you to discuss what will happen during the service. He will remind you that no pictures with flash are to be taken during the service. However, pictures can be taken after the service.
I Want to Plan a Baptism
Please read the follow statements, if you agree, please fill out the following form.
- We desire Holy Baptism for our child because we believe the Lord Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of the world, ordained Holy Baptism for our salvation.
- We believe the Holy Bible, the Word of God, which declares that by Baptism our children enter a covenant with the Triune God.
- We desire that our child remain a member of the Kingdom of Christ, both here on earth and throughout eternity.
- To this end we pledge ourselves to give our child a Christian education.
- It is our purpose to assume all responsibilities of godly parents; to provide a home program conducive to our child’s spiritual welfare.
- We desire that later our child join the Growing Disciples programs and the available avenues for education in the faith.
- We pledge ourselves to faithfully study God’s Word at home and at church when such study groups are conducted, so we may be better equipped to fulfill God’s will for our home.
Church & Education Center
11720 Nieman Road
Overland Park, KS 66210
Contact us at:
Care Needs 913.754.5812