Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way, you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
Experiencing difficulties? Do you need a Stephen Minister?
One way God fulfills his promise of his comforting presence is by providing Stephen Ministers to walk along side those going through challenges such as job loss, illness, divorce, grief or other difficulty. Stephen Ministers (paired men to men or women to women) provide a caring, supportive, non-judgmental, confidential relationship that enables care receivers to share their burdens. Stephen Ministry brings the light of Christ into the darkness of people’s lives.
One of the most important tenets of this program is upholding and honoring confidentiality.
How Can We Help?
If you are interested in being involved in Stephen Ministry or if you feel a need for support or could benefit from having a Stephen Minister, please contact Care Ministry at (913) 345-9700.
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A caring, Christian friend who takes the time to really listen
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care
- A dedicated Christian commissioned by Christ Lutheran Church to confidential in-depth caring
A Stephen Minister is NOT…
- A counselor or a therapist
- A problem-solver
- A casual visitor
We Help Those Who Are…
- Experiencing relationship difficulties or divorce
- Hospitalized or terminally ill
- In a job crisis
- New to the community
- Disabled or homebound
- In a spiritual crisis
- Looking for a caring, Christian friend