Christ Lutheran Church is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
We believe that the only true God is the Triune God; one God who shows Himself in three distinct and separate persons.
- The Father, who creates and peserves all things. (Hebrews 11:1-3)
- The Son, who redeems the world by His perfect life, death and resurrection. (John 3:16, John 5:39; Acts 4:12)
- The Holy Spirit, who brings and keeps people in saving faith in Jesus Christ, who grows and matures us that we live lives that make a difference for the sake of the kingdom. (1 Corinthians 12:3).
Our services hold fast to the solid tradition of Word and Sacrament while at the same time bridging the gap to real life application. Holy Communion is celebrated at each of our worship services.
Christian worship is an act of love.
It’s the response of God’s children to His love as seen in the life, death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus. We understand that for some these terms and this relationship is not easily understood. Worship begins as the individual walks with Jesus and it expands as each individual gathers as part of the family of God. Worship becomes a public continuation of our private practice.
Worship at Christ has a two-fold purpose; to give praise and glory to God and to encourage individuals to live a Christ-centered lifestyle.
We believe the Lord’s Supper is a sacred meal given to the church by Christ. Those who commune with us:
- Are baptized Christians
- Have received instruction on the significance of the Lord’s Supper
- Realize they are sinful and in need of God’s grace
- Believe that Jesus Christ is their personal Savior
- Believe that with the bread and wine they receive Christ’s true body and blood for the forgiveness of their sins
- Intend from this time forward to amend their sinful lives
Non-communing children are welcome to come forward to receive a blessing.
Gluten-free wafers and non-alcoholic wine are available for those with that need.
Christ Lutheran Church
11720 Nieman Road
Overland Park, KS 66210
Contact us at:
Care Needs: Call or Text 913-346-3454