WHO WE ARE
It is the mission of Joy Meadows to provide foster families with community support, housing, and resources, so that children in foster care can find stability, healing and joy.
Click here to visit the Joy Meadows website.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You Could Volunteer At Joy Meadows...?
If you have some time on your hands and you have a heart for children, Joy Meadows has volunteer opportunities for you!
- Mentors (time commitment: weekly) – play with the children in the Community Center while they wait for their time in therapy or while their siblings and foster parents are in therapy.
- Administration (time commitment: ongoing) – assist in the Community Center by welcoming guests arriving for tours, therapy or the clothing closet.
- Garden and Orchard (time commitment: seasonal) – assist with ongoing maintenance such as weeding, mulching, pruning, etc. in the garden and orchard.
- Maintenance and grounds (time commitment: ongoing) – assist with repairs in the homes as needed as well as large outdoor projects around the property and grounds.
- Event Staff (time commitment: planning for event and day of the event) – assist with preparation for fundraising events and/or assisting with activities during the event.
- Clothing Closet (time commitment: ranging from 1 day per week to 1 day per month) – collect, organize and maintain clothing items and space designed for the Clothing Closet.
- Clothing Closet Drivers (time commitment: as a request fits into your schedule and geographic area) – deliver clothing to foster homes as new children are welcomed.
Please read the full volunteer position descriptions for more information on each position and for specific positions that are currently available. Once you have read the full volunteer descriptions, complete the online volunteer application at the bottom of the page.
Take A Group To Help At Joy Meadows
Joy Meadows appreciates it when groups come to help out with some of the larger projects on their grounds. See below for some of the ways your group can help:
- Clearing out small trees, underbrush, weeds
- Marking trails with our Joy Meadows signs
- Spraying weeds, raking to clear paths
- Laying mulch on trails
- Building benches for prayer stations along the way
- Clearing out small trees, brush, undergrowth
- Spraying weeds and poison ivy
- Building a fenced in area for safe playing for smaller children
- Building benches
- Build “natural landscape” play equipment such as monkey bars, climbing wall, tree house, slide into the side of the hill, swings, balance beams
Barn Update Projects
- Cleaning, sweeping, dusting barn
- Organizing tool closet
- Paint barn exterior
- Rebuild the barn deck
- Clean out animal stalls
- Clean and furnish front room for use for kids’ activities
Fencing: some of the pastures are in need of new fencing
Please visit the Group volunteer page on the Joy Meadows website for more information about the projects and to complete a group volunteer application (at the bottom of the page).
Building Joy Capital Campaign
Phase 2 of the Joy Meadows building campaign was launched in October of 2020. The goal in 2021 is to build an additional three homes to house at least 24 additional foster children. The 3500 sq. ft. homes will provide stability, services and success to abused and neglected children with dramatic needs.
Before construction can begin on the new homes, a waterline must be added in order to provide adequate water supply for any future development in the community.
Three homes and a waterline are the goal, and with your generosity, it’s only a matter of time until the Joy Meadows community can say, “Welcome Home!” Find out here how you can be a part of the team helping Joy Meadows reach their goals.
You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea
and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
Christ Lutheran Church
11720 Nieman Road
Overland Park, KS 66210
Contact us at:
Care Needs: Call or Text 913-346-3454